Tuesday, October 11, 2011

star

star is my cat that i've had since i was 11.  she is hands down, the greatest cat ever.  mostly because while petite and easy to tend to; she also has the personality of a dog.  she greets me at the door, keeps watch for strangers, begs for food by sitting, comes when she's called, etc.  i could talk about her little idiosyncrasies forever (and will to anyone expressing remote interest.)  mostly what i love about her is her loyalty.  i moved away for nine years, but still each time i came home she greeted me with open paws like not a day had passed.  now she is my office cat and follows me around with her unconditional love.  i took her to the vet today and left in tears after learning she is pretty sick.  i'm not sure how much time she has left being 17 and all.  but today i'm very thankful for her life and the joy she brings to mine.
 (photo- star at the back door, age 17)

No comments: