Monday, November 7, 2011

reality checks

this has not been the greatest morning.  i've been kinda bummed out the past couple days for a few reasons and just not feeling anywhere near my best self.  in an attempt to take a break from work and zone out for a bit, i started clicking around facebook....really healthy i'm sure.  she's living in paris, look how cute her kids are, he has a four day work week, they get sushi for lunch, not fair!  whaaaaa.  then a familiar name appeared in my "people you may know" section.  brittney watts.  this was extremely haunting because i remember this girl because she tragically died in a senseless shooting one block from my home this past july.  her facebook page prompted me to her blog which led me to this entry.  i know i never knew her or met her family but if i could tell them one thing it would be that she's a complete inspiration which i think is the best legacy that you can leave on this earth.   thanks for making me want to be a better person and live life to the fullest.  no more whining, today is a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

That gave me the chills!