Friday, January 20, 2012

contentment II : a poem

in keeping with this week's theme of finding contentment, i discovered the poem below. 


It was spring, but it was summer I wanted,
the warm days, and the great outdoors. 

It was summer, but it was fall I wanted,
the colorful leaves, and the cool, dry air.

It was autumn, but it was winter I wanted,
the beautiful snow, and the joy of the holiday season.

I was a child, but it was adulthood I wanted,
the freedom, and the respect.

I was twenty, but it was thirty I wanted,
to be mature, and sophisticated.

I was middle-aged, but it was thirty I wanted,
the youth, and the free spirit.

I was retired, but it was middle-age that I wanted,
the presence of mind, without limitations.

My life was over,
but I never got what I wanted.

Let's strive to live for today and get what we want.  

No comments: